Delta Security offers ISPS Courses online in cooperation with Virsec
Delta Security is proud to announce that in cooperation with Virsec an online course International Ship and Port Facility Code (ISPS) has been developed. The course can be completed through the online Delta Security acadamy.
With security being as important as it has ever been within the Maritime Sector, it is important that companies provide all crew and staff working on and around ports and ships with the minimum level of security training required under the International Ship & Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
- Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) Approved
- Internationally Recognised under STCW ISPS
- Fully Online Training Course and Official Assessments
- Cost & Time-Efficient Means of Delivery of Training
- Fast Turnaround on Official Course Certifications
- Flexible Learning at Your Own Pace and Convenience
- Ability to Re-Visit Earlier Subjects on Courses
- Consistent Quality Method for the Delivery of Training
About the Online PSA Course
This fully online STCW ISPS Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA) Course provides the necessary knowledge, understanding and proficiency as detailed under the Learning Outcomes set by the Merchant Navy Training Board for ship’s crew who do not possess designated security duties. The Course is the mandatory, minimum security training requirement for any vessel that falls under the International Ship & Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code. For more details about this online course, please view the tabs below this description. The course is required to inform crew and staff of the relevant codes, conventions and protocols in existence and their responsibilities to maintain a sense of awareness regarding the safety and security of the vessel.
Delta Academy Security Awareness Course has been developed with the following considerations:
- The MNTB Security Courses Criteria [1st Edition]
- Regulation VI/6 and Section A-VI/6 of the STCW Convention and Code 
- IMO Model Course 3.27 [2012 Edition]
- The International Ship and Port Facility Code 2004, as amended [STCW Table A-VI/6-1]
The PSA Course is fully internationally approved and certified.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Be aware of the importance of ship security and the roles of those involved in its provision.
- Be aware of the requirements and measures to maintain ship security.
- Be able to recognise and report a security threat.
The course lasts for approximately 4 hours depending on the learner’s abilities and reading speed. However, you can enter and exit this course as often as you require.
The online Security Awareness (PSA) Course and is internationally recognised and accepted. It includes the 2010 Manila Amendments and conforms to Regulation VI/6, paragraph 1 and Section A-VI/6, paragraphs 4 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended and has also met the additional criteria specified in the STCW Convention and Code, applicable to the issue of this certificate.
Learners will receive an electronic copy of the official course certificate (in PDF format) upon successful completion of the course, and they can request a hardcopy certificate to be posted to their home address for a small administration and postage charge.
For more information please contact us through email: